Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Newman Phil Newman is offline

Default Import Graphic vastly increases file size

Hi there,

I have a rather large word (2003) document, about 150 pages long, most
of it is text. It has headers and footers and standard template with
small graphic. the general size of the document is 12Mb, which is
managable.

however, I've imported some graphics, which I think are bitmap files,
rather large, about 3Mb each.

And when this happens and I save the document, the file size increases
to a whopping 70Mb!! where on earth did that come from!?

and when I remove the graphics, and save under a different name, the
file size decreases to 30Mb!

Can anyone suggest how I can keep my file size down to a manageable
size with imported graphics?

I don't really want to compromise the graphic quality however, but it
might be possible for conversion to say jpeg.

Regards,

Phil