Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] peterforton@hotmail.com is offline

Default problems with Office 2007

Everything I've read on the net deals with helping people who have
older versions of Office i.e. 2003 ,to open documents produced from
Office 2007. I have just the opposite problem and can't find an
answer to it... I just bought a new Gateway with Office 2007 on it
and now I can't open Word or Excel documents from my coporate office
that were produced with Office 2003. Any help with this would be
greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2007 and Excel 2007 should recognize the Word 2003 and Excel 2003
formats, respectively, and open them without a problem. Specifically
what happens on your computer when you try to open a 2003 file in 2007?