gerry p

Default Date format in Word 2003 mailmerging from excel file.

Mailmerging in Word 2003 from an Excel datasource, , the format of the date
goes from 23-Aug-05 in excel file, to 8/23/05 when mailmerged.
Tried everything I know to fix it but it keeps happening and I have to do a
manual change.

gerry p

gerry p wrote:
Mailmerging in Word 2003 from an Excel datasource, , the format of
the date goes from 23-Aug-05 in excel file, to 8/23/05 when
mailmerged.
Tried everything I know to fix it but it keeps happening and I have
to do a manual change.

Many Thanks Graham - I'm at my Mac just now ( Office 2004) Interestingly the problem dosent happen on the mac. I'll check out the fix this evening when I get into college.

gerry p