Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Can I make different sections have different pg. number locations

My paper has different sections. The first section needs small roman numeral
numbering in bottom center. The rest of the paper needs numeric upper right.
I can get the different numbers but not the different locations -- it places
both in both locations.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You need a section break, at least between the first section and the
second if not elsewhere. And you need to turn off the "Same as
Previous" setting in the header and footer of the second section, so
they can have different content than those in the first section.

The other thing that's recommended is to use Insert Field Page
instead of the brain-dead Insert Page Number. The latter method puts
the page number field in a frame, which can cause problems.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm
for specific instructions.

--
Regards,