Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

Default Another unstable setting -- Word 2003

Here's another unstable setting in Word 2003. This is really starting to
boggle my mind.

I open document X. View:Zoom reports 150%, same as when I saved it.

Then I do Window:New window. View:Zoom in *that* window reports 140%!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yep, same thing. I have documents that open at 105% even though they were
saved at a different Zoom and documents saved at 105% that invariably open
at 100%. It's a bug, and, like the ruler display, seems (somehow) related to
the window in which the document is opened.

"Uriel" wrote in message
Here's another unstable setting in Word 2003. This is really starting to
boggle my mind.

I open document X. View:Zoom reports 150%, same as when I saved it.

Then I do Window:New window. View:Zoom in *that* window reports 140%!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

If this were cardpunch days, I'd speculate they dropped and scrambled a heap
of cards on the way from 2000 to 2003....

In a month of using 2003, I've found a dozen degradations. And I honestly
can't think of a single thing I prefer.

No one responded to this post here below, though that's another regular
irritation. Why did they do this? Just to cater to people who can't learn
that you shouldn't be able to move the cursor to the bullet in a bulleted
list?

-----------------------------------
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:13 PM
Subject: Cursor invades bullet space in 2003

One of the changes in 2003 appears to be that the cursor can now be
positioned on the actual bullet character, in a bulleted list.

This is inconvenient. In 2000 I used to do a series of ctrl-downarrows to
get to the start of successive items in a bulleted list. Now when I do that
the cursor alternates between items and the bullets, so twice as many
keystrokes are needed.

Is there a way to turn this off?
-----------------------------------

"Uriel" wrote in message
Here's another unstable setting in Word 2003. This is really starting to
boggle my mind.

I open document X. View:Zoom reports 150%, same as when I saved it.

Then I do Window:New window. View:Zoom in *that* window reports 140%!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think I've read something about the bullet thing. Note that when you
select any bullet, you select them all. I believe maybe that was supposed to
allow you to format all the bullets by formatting one (for example, you can
change the color). I hadn't used Ctrl+DownArrow as you describe, but having
tried it I see what you mean.