Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BeSmartBeConfident BeSmartBeConfident is offline

Default quick access toolbar and settings

We have a hot-desk system at work, and it's frustrating that each time I log
on and open Office (in particular Word) that the buttons I've put on my quick
access tool and the Word Option settings have all disappeared (or reset to
default). My Documents folder 'roves' with me (i.e. it's on a server storage
not on the local PC drive).

How can I get my settings to 'rove' with me?

Thanks in advance of reply
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Whether you can do anything about this depends on how tightly your IT
department has locked down the system. At present it appears that your Word
configuration settings (also no doubt stored on the server) are being
renewed when you log in. You need to be able to retain access to the
personal settings and you will need the cooperation of your IT support to
have this.

BeSmartBeConfident wrote:
We have a hot-desk system at work, and it's frustrating that each
time I log on and open Office (in particular Word) that the buttons
I've put on my quick access tool and the Word Option settings have
all disappeared (or reset to default). My Documents folder 'roves'
with me (i.e. it's on a server storage not on the local PC drive).

How can I get my settings to 'rove' with me?

Thanks in advance of reply

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Quick Access Toolbar .QAT files are not supported in roaming profiles. There is a MS solution available to your IT department
if they call in for it.

The alternative is to store the Quick Access Toolbar customizations in your template files, which do 'follow' you as part of roving
profile support.

===========
news We have a hot-desk system at work, and it's frustrating that each time I log

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BeSmartBeConfident BeSmartBeConfident is offline

It's unlikely the IT Dept. will put the solution up, so I've tried the
template option. But the toolbar doesn't rove is there something I need to
click before saving the template? I've also thought of recording a macro, but
the 'add to quick' tool bar doesn't get recorded.

Do I need to find the .QAT file and put it in my templates?

Thanks again in advance

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Word.QAT file doesn't roam short of using a script/registry change to copy it, but if you are using the QAT contents in a
template and it's a template attached to your documents, or a global template, then the QAT items stored in that template should
appear. To store content in a template, open the template in Word, then use
Office Button=Word Options=Customize
and on the top right select the name of the open document template rather than the 'For all documents' choice, then save and close
the template.

================
"BeSmartBeConfident" wrote in message
news It's unlikely the IT Dept. will put the solution up, so I've tried the
template option. But the toolbar doesn't rove is there something I need to
click before saving the template? I've also thought of recording a macro, but
the 'add to quick' tool bar doesn't get recorded.

Do I need to find the .QAT file and put it in my templates?

Thanks again in advance
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BeSmartBeConfident BeSmartBeConfident is offline

Thanks, it works! I 'll remember to set it to the template file in customise
options to 'my template file name'. I hadn't spotted it in the dialog!
It works now
Thanks again