Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AdminAmber AdminAmber is offline

Default Unprotect Embedded Excel Object in Word 2000 Form

Hi-

I have divided my Word 2000 form in sections and unprotected section 2. I
have created an order form in Excel that uses VLOOKUP to find specific
products, and then it automatically tabulates the price, freight,
installation costs, etc. I copied and pasted the cells from Excel into Word.
The user then double clicks the embedded object in Word to edit the table
just like an Excel document. I want the client information at the top of my
word form locked, so I have used form fields, and I want the embedded object
unlocked. All other terms and conditions anywhere else in the document
should be locked. Everything works fine except the embedded object. When I
unlock section 2, everything in section 2 except the Excel file can be
edited. Please Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AdminAmber AdminAmber is offline

In case anyone has the same problem and reads this; I found the solution
myself finally.

If after separating the sections your embedded object still cannot be edited
while the form is protected, you have to format the object's wrapping style
to be "in line with text" instead of "behind" or "in front of text" as mine
had defaulted to.

Right click on object. Click "Format Object". Select the Layout Tab, and
choose "In line with text".