LaToya

Default How do you escape the find search in Microsoft Office Word 2003?

It says just to hit escape to cancel the search when you are using the find
and replace command. When I hit escape, it closes the dialog box, but when I
click on the next page bar under the scroll bar, it goes to the next word
that I was searching for. How do I close it without closing out my whole
document and reopening it to continuing working?
Daiya Mitchell

Those double arrows at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar are not really
page up/page down arrows. They really mean Browse Next and Browse Previous.
The little dot in the middle lets you set the Browse Object, so that you can
use those double arrows to go to the Next and Previous of any of 10
different categories.

The default setting for the Browse Object is Page--but whenever you do a
Find, the Browse Object automatically changes to Find so that the double
arrows become Find Next, Find Previous.

Click and hold on the little dot between the double arrows to set the Browse
Object back to Page.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Do you have just 10 options in MacWord? We have 12 in in WinWord.

.. .

On 5/24/05 1:20 PM, "LaToya" wrote:

It says just to hit escape to cancel the search when you are using the

find
and replace command. When I hit escape, it closes the dialog box, but

when I
click on the next page bar under the scroll bar, it goes to the next

word
that I was searching for. How do I close it without closing out my

whole
document and reopening it to continuing working?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/