Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rmurray rmurray is offline

Default selected text (F8) drops/de-selects when scrolling thru document

any fixes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jun 25, 10:56*am, rmurray
wrote:
any fixes?

If you put the cursor somewhere else, the selection is deselected.

If you scroll using the scroll bar, you won't deselect the text -- but
if you try to do anything in the new location, you will.

If you use Split Screen, you can have text selected in each of the two
windows, and even drag stuff across the boundary. To split the screen
I always use the dash at the top of the scroll bar above the up arrow
(click & drag), and it's also on the Window menu.