Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
victor victor is offline

Default Wrapping text around picture inside a Text Box

Alright, I have a text box in a document with text in it.

I insert an image, and select Format - Text Wrapping - Inline with text.

Then I move the image inside of my text box. Now, my text box has the
following format:

Text Text Text Text
IMAGE
Text Text Text Text

I want my text box to have the following format:

Text Text Text Text
Text Text IMAGE
Text Text Text Text

When I click on the picture and click on the Format tab, the Text Wrapping
button is disabled. I cannot find any way to wrap the text when the picture
is inside a text box. I can do this just fine if the text and picture are
NOT in a text box, but I need them inside a text box.

Anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Obvious conclusion - Text Wrapping can't be applied in a Text Box :-)

It is a feature that pertains to how text in the document layer behaves
relative to objects inserted into the doc.

Try converting the text box to a Frame... You may have more success.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/9/07 3:42 PM, in article
, "Victor"
wrote:

Alright, I have a text box in a document with text in it.

I insert an image, and select Format - Text Wrapping - Inline with text.

Then I move the image inside of my text box. Now, my text box has the
following format:

Text Text Text Text
IMAGE
Text Text Text Text

I want my text box to have the following format:

Text Text Text Text
Text Text IMAGE
Text Text Text Text

When I click on the picture and click on the Format tab, the Text Wrapping
button is disabled. I cannot find any way to wrap the text when the picture
is inside a text box. I can do this just fine if the text and picture are
NOT in a text box, but I need them inside a text box.

Anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Text can't be wrapped around an image in a frame, either, unfortunately, but
I believe it can be wrapped around a picture in a table cell (though
probably not if the table itself is wrapped).

.. .