JaneDG

Default In Word 2002 Track Changes colors change every day in Word 2002

On day 1, I use Word 2002 Service Pack 2 to make changes to a document and I
use Track Changes to do this.

On day 2, if I go back and view at the document, the colour that my changes
from day 1 are shown in has changed.

On day 3, if I go back and look at the document, the colour that my changes
from day 1 are shown in a completely differnet colour from the colours used
on day 1 and 2.

Anybody any ideas please ? thanks

Shauna Kelly

Hi JaneDG

If you hover the mouse over a tracked change or one of the balloons in the
margin (depending on how you view your tracked changes), who is shown as the
author? Word gets the name of the author of a change (also known as a
reviewer) from the information at Tools Options User Information.

If Word reports that the tracked change was made by "Author" instead of your
name (as shown as Tools Options User Information), then you may have
told Word to remove personal information from this document each time it is
saved.

This setting is controlled at Tools Options Security in the box "Remove
personal information from file properties on save".

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"JaneDG" wrote in message
On day 1, I use Word 2002 Service Pack 2 to make changes to a document and
use Track Changes to do this.

On day 2, if I go back and view at the document, the colour that my
changes
from day 1 are shown in has changed.

On day 3, if I go back and look at the document, the colour that my
changes
from day 1 are shown in a completely differnet colour from the colours
used
on day 1 and 2.

Anybody any ideas please ? thanks

JaneDG

Default In Word 2002 Track Changes colors change every day in Word 200

Shauna

Thanks for the reply.

Name and initials appear in USER INFORMATION in the track change documents
and the box is unticked in relation to the Remove personal information from
file properties on save. Interestingly, when text is deleted, if I hover
over the text, either a number or the word mgroot appears as the name of the
author instead of my name?

Any ideas ?

thanks

"JaneDG" wrote in message
On day 1, I use Word 2002 Service Pack 2 to make changes to a document and
use Track Changes to do this.

On day 2, if I go back and view at the document, the colour that my
changes
from day 1 are shown in has changed.

On day 3, if I go back and look at the document, the colour that my
changes
from day 1 are shown in a completely differnet colour from the colours
used
on day 1 and 2.

Anybody any ideas please ? thanks

How do I create a Word form like corel WP merge documents? dlee_at_mmsgov Microsoft Word Help 2 October 8th 05 06:29 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Is there a way to change the track changes in Word 2002 (Office 2. Deanna Microsoft Word Help 2 April 1st 05 07:31 PM