Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kara Kara is offline

Default how do i run office setup for word 2003?

I am trying to open an office assistant in word 2003, I get an error each
time I click on show the office assistant. it tells me that i need to run
office setup. any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Kara wrote:
I am trying to open an office assistant in word 2003, I get an error
each time I click on show the office assistant. it tells me that i
need to run office setup. any ideas?

Go to Control Panel Add or Remove Programs. Select the Office 2003 item in
the list and click the Change button. When the dialog opens, leave "Add or
Remove Features" selected and click the Next button. On the next page, check
the box for "Choose advanced customization of applications". On the final
page, expand the Office Shared Features item in the tree, click the Office
Assistant item, and choose "Run from my computer". Then click the Update
button.

You may be asked to insert the Office installation CD if the necessary files
weren't stored on your hard drive when Office was first installed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman