BAK2MI

Default .doc saved as wordpad

When I save my word documents as .doc, the files are converted and saved as
wordpad. How do I fix this?
--
Bonnie
lostinspace

BAK2MI

I tried this and then did a test. Word documents still save as a wordpad
document and when I try to open them I have to right click on the document
file name and tell it to open with wordpad.
--
Bonnie

"BAK2MI" wrote in message
When I save my word documents as .doc, the files are converted and saved

as
wordpad. How do I fix this?
--
Bonnie

Why not right-click and tell it to open with Word?

On the Save tab of Tools | Options, what is selected as the default save
format?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to "reregister" Word, that is, reassociate it with the .doc and
..dot file types in the Windows Registry. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BAK2MI" wrote in message
When I save my word documents as .doc, the files are converted and

saved
as
wordpad. How do I fix this?
--
Bonnie

BAK2MI

Options was set to save as a word document. I did one more thing and that
was to remove my McAfee virus protection as I was where the documents were
being scanned and thought maybe this was causing an error. Well, I finally
had success once I removed it and now all documents are opening automatically
without having to right click to open with wordpad. I will reinstall the
virus protection and hopefully whatever was the cause will not come back
again. Thanks for your suggestions!
--
Bonnie