Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davidson Bill Davidson is offline

Default Too many files open or not enough disk space

I am getting this message every time I try to save anything on my hard disk
C. or D., (it started about a week ago after 2 years of successfully using
MS Word 2002 without any problem. I've plenty of space on both drives. But
the problem does not occur saving files to my E. CD/W drive, which I find
very strange. I've done Norton virus checks, defragmenting, Clean-Up, etc,
but still the problem recurs.

Hoping you all can help me out on this,

Bill Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

You are lucky, Bill!

The original DOS BASIC (before Windows) used to give a message "Too many
files in 295".. Eventually we all worked out that it meant that the outboard
floppy disk drive door was open!

"Bill Davidson" wrote in message
. uk...
I am getting this message every time I try to save anything on my hard disk
C. or D., (it started about a week ago after 2 years of successfully using
MS Word 2002 without any problem. I've plenty of space on both drives. But
the problem does not occur saving files to my E. CD/W drive, which I find
very strange. I've done Norton virus checks, defragmenting, Clean-Up, etc,
but still the problem recurs.

Hoping you all can help me out on this,

Bill Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Try disabling the Office Plugin in the Advanced User Options in NAV. Let us
know if that resolves the problem please.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Bill Davidson" wrote in message
. uk...
I am getting this message every time I try to save anything on my hard disk
C. or D., (it started about a week ago after 2 years of successfully using
MS Word 2002 without any problem. I've plenty of space on both drives. But
the problem does not occur saving files to my E. CD/W drive, which I find
very strange. I've done Norton virus checks, defragmenting, Clean-Up, etc,
but still the problem recurs.

Hoping you all can help me out on this,

Bill Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davidson Bill Davidson is offline

Terry,

Can you tell me where to find Advanced User Options? And what's NAV?

Bill

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Try disabling the Office Plugin in the Advanced User Options in NAV. Let
us know if that resolves the problem please.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Bill Davidson" wrote in message
. uk...
I am getting this message every time I try to save anything on my hard
disk C. or D., (it started about a week ago after 2 years of successfully
using MS Word 2002 without any problem. I've plenty of space on both
drives. But the problem does not occur saving files to my E. CD/W drive,
which I find very strange. I've done Norton virus checks, defragmenting,
Clean-Up, etc, but still the problem recurs.

Hoping you all can help me out on this,

Bill Davidson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davidson Bill Davidson is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I'll look into that. Meanwhile, no more posts on this
subject because I've just discovered that my computer thought it was the
year 2165, and that may have been a contributory factor. How this came about
I've no idea. In order not to waste the Group's time, anyone who wants to
email me direct is invited to do so. Should I find a solution, I'll post it
on this newsgroup. Thanks to Aalaan, Terry, and your own good self.

Bill Davidson (a Scot of the clan Davidson. Thankfully, at leat one of us
survived the battle with the MacPhersons, otherwise I would not be here, 907
years later - see my clan history at
http://members.aol.com/skyewrites/1396.html)

BD

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
NAV = Norton AntiVirus.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davidson Bill Davidson is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I'll look into that. Meanwhile, no more posts on this
subject because I've just discovered that my computer thought it was the
year 2165, and that may have been a contributory factor. How this came about
I've no idea. In order not to waste the Group's time, anyone who wants to
email me direct is invited to do so. Should I find a solution, I'll post it
on this newsgroup. Thanks to Aalaan, Terry, and your own good self.

Bill Davidson (a Scot of the clan Davidson. Thankfully, at leat one of us
survived the battle with the MacPhersons, otherwise I would not be here, 907
years later - see my clan history at
http://members.aol.com/skyewrites/1396.html)

BD

Correction - that should have read...

"707" years later - see my clan history at:
http://members.aol.com/skyewrites/1396.html)

Bill Davidson

k...