Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
trvlnmny trvlnmny is offline

Default Line Spacing Problem

I am using W XP and MS Word 2003. I am not really preparing a document
but a template that I can use to scrollsaw some letters. I am using the
Arial Black font with Bold set and have set the font size to 150. I
have 3 lines of letters but I want the space between each line to be
about .25 inch. When I manipulate the line spacing it seems to clip off
the top of the lettering.

Thanks for any and all help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers

I think that you might have to use a pair of scissors and cut the page
between the lines and then paste it back together with the desired spacing.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am using W XP and MS Word 2003. I am not really preparing a document
but a template that I can use to scrollsaw some letters. I am using the
Arial Black font with Bold set and have set the font size to 150. I
have 3 lines of letters but I want the space between each line to be
about .25 inch. When I manipulate the line spacing it seems to clip off
the top of the lettering.

Thanks for any and all help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
trvlnmny trvlnmny is offline

You are talking about an old fashioned cut & paste. That is what I am
trying to avoid as I will never get them aligned as I would like them.
OH well, thanks anyway.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
I think that you might have to use a pair of scissors and cut the page
between the lines and then paste it back together with the desired spacing.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am using W XP and MS Word 2003. I am not really preparing a document
but a template that I can use to scrollsaw some letters. I am using the
Arial Black font with Bold set and have set the font size to 150. I
have 3 lines of letters but I want the space between each line to be
about .25 inch. When I manipulate the line spacing it seems to clip off
the top of the lettering.

Thanks for any and all help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
trvlnmny trvlnmny is offline

Thank you, you are right. On the screen and in Print Preview the
letters were shown cropped. Yet when I printed them I got the reduced
space betweem lines. Well now it's off to the scrollsaw to make more
sawdust.
Maybe in my next life the computer and scrollsaw will be married and
what I put in the computer will come out of the saw.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Are they actually truncated when you print? Often Word will display them
truncated, but they'll print fine.

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am using W XP and MS Word 2003. I am not really preparing a document
but a template that I can use to scrollsaw some letters. I am using the
Arial Black font with Bold set and have set the font size to 150. I
have 3 lines of letters but I want the space between each line to be
about .25 inch. When I manipulate the line spacing it seems to clip off
the top of the lettering.

Thanks for any and all help.

Line Spacing Problem ? Robert11 New Users 2 May 4th 06 06:21 AM
Line Spacing Problem Don Page Layout 3 October 25th 05 12:28 AM
Line spacing Simple Scribe Microsoft Word Help 1 May 28th 05 09:08 PM
line spacing incorrect JerryW Tables 3 April 12th 05 10:48 PM
Problem: A border line that I can't get rid of... Gary Warner New Users 2 December 1st 04 11:20 PM