Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stuart J Mazzoli Stuart J Mazzoli is offline

Default Once I scan a typewritten page how can I edit in Word

I place a typewritten page on the scanner. I scan it comes up on the screen
modified by the OCR software..It can be edited then how do I go about placing
it in a folder o file or whatever...I have over 5000 pages to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The answer to your question must come from whatever software you're
using to do the OCR recognition. Usually it will have a "save as" item
on the File menu, or a setting in the OCR preferences to save
automatically as a Word document. Check the OCR program's Help file.

As an aside, for a 5000-page project, it would make sense to buy or
rent a scanner that has an automatic page feeder.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:44:02 -0800, Stuart J Mazzoli Stuart J
wrote:

I place a typewritten page on the scanner. I scan it comes up on the screen
modified by the OCR software..It can be edited then how do I go about placing
it in a folder o file or whatever...I have over 5000 pages to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't envy you that task. OCR software is at its best (Finereader) an
application that requires a lot of work to accurately reproduce the scanned
work. You need to experiment on one or two pages before progressing further.
Like Jay, I would recommend that you invest in the rental of a fast scanner
with auto-page feeder or this job will take forever.

OCR software will output to a variety of formats - the choice of which
depends on the document layout and what you are trying to achieve. It is
often simpler to output to a plain text file and edit that than to output to
a Word format document, but with 5000 pages, all bets are off.