Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Default Inserting fields from Excel

Hi Everyone,

Using Office 2003 which is new to me. I have an excel sheet with Name,
Number 1, Number 2, Faciliy as column headers. I would like to insert these
fields on word documents. I have 300 records and will have 300 word
documents with these fields on them. All fields will go on one document
which is set up as a table with the same field names.

I have tried to play around using mail merge but it's not working out very
well. I think I did something similar using mail merge a few years ago but
I was using Office 2000 and the mail merge seems to have changed a bit.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I suggest that from the View menu, you select Toolbars and then check the
Mail Merge item to display the Mail Merge toolbar. That toolbar contains
buttons that will allow you to select the main document type, attach the
data source and insert the merge fields in the configuration that you want
and then to execute the merge to the required destination (new document,
printer, email).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Linda RQ" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Using Office 2003 which is new to me. I have an excel sheet with Name,
Number 1, Number 2, Faciliy as column headers. I would like to insert
these fields on word documents. I have 300 records and will have 300 word
documents with these fields on them. All fields will go on one document
which is set up as a table with the same field names.

I have tried to play around using mail merge but it's not working out very
well. I think I did something similar using mail merge a few years ago
but I was using Office 2000 and the mail merge seems to have changed a
bit.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Thanks! That sure is easier than that wizard in the tools menu. I was able
to get it close to what I want and I am sure I can probably play around to
get it perfect. I may be back in a few days.