Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default Email text with border

I want to send an email with an invite, so I have created a word doc with a
fancy border around it. I cant send this as an email via word without
losing the border. So decided to save the doc and just attach in an email.
However I get this message on my other PC when trying to open this email.

Cant display border art. this feature is not currently installed. Would you
like to install it now?

Why is it doing this ,what is this feature, is it a different Word build or
something?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The obvious question here is what border did you use and if you open Word on
the other computer, are you able to create the same border you used in your
emailed version?

If you need further help, please tell us which versions of Office/Word you
are using too.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I want to send an email with an invite, so I have created a word doc with a
fancy border around it. I cant send this as an email via word without
losing the border. So decided to save the doc and just attach in an
email. However I get this message on my other PC when trying to open this
email.

Cant display border art. this feature is not currently installed. Would
you like to install it now?

Why is it doing this ,what is this feature, is it a different Word build
or something?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Both computers are Word 2002 sp3 (different builds though)

I used a Word - Border - Page Border, Art Border.

I am not able to create the same border on the other PC. So it appears
there is some add on feature?

I am working on this invite project for a friend who wants to send just a
plain centred text in an email with a bit of a fancy border around it, not
just lines. I have shown him OE stationery but he just wants the above.
But I fear not email recipients will see it, because by creating it in Word
it now seems they will need to download a special feature. Any advice how
to do this so everyone can see it would be appreciated.

TIA

B.W.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I want to send an email with an invite, so I have created a word doc with
a fancy border around it. I cant send this as an email via word without
losing the border. So decided to save the doc and just attach in an
email. However I get this message on my other PC when trying to open this
email.

Cant display border art. this feature is not currently installed. Would
you like to install it now?

Why is it doing this ,what is this feature, is it a different Word build
or something?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you save your document as HTM and then send it, it should remain intact
and readable by 'most' recipients (other than those who insist on reading
all mail in plain text.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I want to send an email with an invite, so I have created a word doc with
a fancy border around it. I cant send this as an email via word without
losing the border. So decided to save the doc and just attach in an
email. However I get this message on my other PC when trying to open this
email.

Cant display border art. this feature is not currently installed. Would
you like to install it now?

Why is it doing this ,what is this feature, is it a different Word build
or something?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Tried as you suggested saving as HTM, but still can't see the border on my
other PC which is set to read htm messages, but still can on my other PC
which the email message was created on.

So it looks like I won't be sure whether recipients will be able to see the
border or not when the email is sent? Thank you for your help.