Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] haltynan@comcast.net is offline

Default Can't find Microphone Icon

I can't locate my Microphone Icon on the taskbar.
I've used it before, but when I recently brought up MS Word, it
suddenly is not there.

MS Help says it's located at the Language Bar, but when I click the
LB, all it gives me is a list of languages [go figure :-)], but no
Microphone Icon.

Can some kind soul here help me find it, thanks, Hal.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Hal,

Point to a blank area on the Taskbar; Right-Click, point to Toolbars and
then click "Language bar".

The Language bar will appear on the Taskbar.

Right-click the Language bar, and choose "Restore the Language bar" -
if you want to float it on-screen.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

wrote in message
news
I can't locate my Microphone Icon on the taskbar.
I've used it before, but when I recently brought up MS Word, it
suddenly is not there.

MS Help says it's located at the Language Bar, but when I click the
LB, all it gives me is a list of languages [go figure :-)], but no
Microphone Icon.

Can some kind soul here help me find it, thanks, Hal.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] haltynan@comcast.net is offline

G'Day Pat, and thanks for the response. :-)

I did as you suggested, but I don't find a "Toolbars" selection in MS
Word. I get "Standard", "Formatting", "Autotext", etc, but no
Toolbars.

What am I missing here? Thanks, Hal

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:09:46 +1100, "Pat Garard"
apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote:

G'Day Hal,

Point to a blank area on the Taskbar; Right-Click, point to Toolbars and
then click "Language bar".

The Language bar will appear on the Taskbar.

Right-click the Language bar, and choose "Restore the Language bar" -
if you want to float it on-screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] haltynan@comcast.net is offline

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:32:01 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

The WINDOWS TaskBar not Word Task Pane.

ahhh... well, duh. :-)

Thanks for the clarification..... :-)