Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Webb Mike Webb is offline

Default Problems navigating within docs

Using Word XP (2002), with all SP's.
=============================
Our Executive Director called me over a few minutes ago; he's working on a
doc - trying to - and he can't get an insertion point. No matter what he
tries to do with his mouse (wireless), it just highlights the text. I tried
and was able to backtrack along a highlight to a single insertion
point/blinking cursor, but then when I moved the mouse or used the up/down
arrows, I get highlighting. We checked the menu's but can't see anything.
Just started happening. He also says he sees this now in Outlook 2003.

I'm baffled; is this something in Office XP on his laptop, or might it be
his wireless mouse?

--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Webb Mike Webb is offline

Looks like that was it. He rebooted, EXT is greyed out now, and he can
navigate as before.

Thanks,
Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the status bar, is EXT in black? If so, double-click it to turn it off.

so
all may benefit.