Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gary Clarke Gary Clarke is offline

Default Pictures not showing

I'm creating a Word document with (small 146 x 97) graphics, a total of ten.
I'm able to paste the images into the document fine but they keep on
"disappearing" when I scroll down the page. The graphic is still physically
there in the document, there is a blank space where the graphic is at and I
can select the graphic, but they keep on "disappearing". The only way I can
refresh the view is to minimise the document and then restore it and viola
they are there until I start scrolling the page.

What's going on? How can I keep the images displayed on the screen while I'm
working on the document.

Incidentally, I'm using Word 2003 and the document is only two pages long.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Try reducing or turning off hardware acceleration in Start | Control
Panel | Display | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshoot. If this fixes the
problem, then you might want to check the website of the manufacturer of
your video card/graphics adapter to see if there is an updated driver
available.

Gary Clarke wrote:

I'm creating a Word document with (small 146 x 97) graphics, a total of ten.
I'm able to paste the images into the document fine but they keep on
"disappearing" when I scroll down the page. The graphic is still physically
there in the document, there is a blank space where the graphic is at and I
can select the graphic, but they keep on "disappearing". The only way I can
refresh the view is to minimise the document and then restore it and viola
they are there until I start scrolling the page.

What's going on? How can I keep the images displayed on the screen while I'm
working on the document.

Incidentally, I'm using Word 2003 and the document is only two pages long.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

This is typical of the overlay refresh bug that affected both the integrated
Intel GMA 9xx and nVidia graphics processors. If you have either of these
graphics chips, go to either Intel or the nVidia support sites and download
the latest graphics driver appropriate for the graphics/OS and install it.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP