Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT PT is offline

Default Symol in Find/Replace

I want to do a global find/replace to replace a normal "e" in certain French
words with an accented "e". I can do so manually using Insert | Symbol.
But I can't figure out how to introduce the accented "e" into the "Replace"
section of the Find/Replace dialog box.

--
PT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Once you've copied the symbol to the clipboard, you can put it into
the Replace dialog by pressing Ctrl+V. Alternatively, click the More
button and then the Special button, and choose "Clipboard contents",
which inserts the shortcut ^c in the Replace With box.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...Characters.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:12:22 -0800, "PT" wrote:

I want to do a global find/replace to replace a normal "e" in certain French
words with an accented "e". I can do so manually using Insert | Symbol.
But I can't figure out how to introduce the accented "e" into the "Replace"
section of the Find/Replace dialog box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There are three accented 'e's in French è, é, ê
These equate to ASCII characters 0232, 0233, 0234
In addition to the method suggested by Jay, you can address the characters
directly in the find and replace dialog by using the ASCII code for that
character eg to replace with é you could enter ^0233 in the box - see
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm