Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] d.moody@mrweng.ca is offline

Default MS WORD 2003 FILE SIZED

Our office uses MS WORD 2003 as our word processing software. We have
standard templates (.dot) from which we create our correspondance.
Without adding any information, 2 different machines can perform the
same "SAVE AS" function and end up with two drastically different files
sizes. One computer will have created a 268 kb file while the other
will have created a 1.7mb file. Simple fax lead sheets or letters that
take up 1.7mb of space are becoming problematic.

I have googled this problem and come up with the standard reasons
(improper insertion of an image, not compressing images, saving
versions, etc.), none of these seem to be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Problems may be:

Tools, Options, Save tab - make sure that FastSaves is UNCHECKED
Tools, Options, Save Tab - make sure that Embed TrueType fonts is UNCHECKED

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

ups.com...