Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PJ Usher PJ Usher is offline

Default Save As Web Page

When I save a word 2000 document as a Web Page the format changes.

For Example:

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Turn into

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Using tab with dot leaders to place the page numbers. When I create tables
and use ctl+tabs for dot leader I have the same format issue or I get a Dr.
Watson.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

PJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If this is a table of contents (as it appears to be), you need to be using
the built-in TOC feature, which allows you to suppress page numbers for Web
pages. Since the entries are hyperlinked to the headings, and since "pages"
are an irrelevant concept for Web pages, this is more satisfactory.

"PJ Usher" wrote in message
When I save a word 2000 document as a Web Page the format changes.

For Example:

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Turn into

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Using tab with dot leaders to place the page numbers. When I create tables
and use ctl+tabs for dot leader I have the same format issue or I get a

Dr.
Watson.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

PJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PJ Usher PJ Usher is offline

Thank you for your response.

Yes this is a table of contents but "sample" is a link to a pdf document.
The "Page" actually reference the pdf page within the linked document.
From what I was able read on Word Table of Contents - you have to have a
word document in order to create a TOC. Unfortunately this will not work in
this case, as mentioned above, the links are to separate pdf documents.

PJ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If this is a table of contents (as it appears to be), you need to be using
the built-in TOC feature, which allows you to suppress page numbers for

Web
pages. Since the entries are hyperlinked to the headings, and since

"pages"
are an irrelevant concept for Web pages, this is more satisfactory.

so
all may benefit.

"PJ Usher" wrote in message
When I save a word 2000 document as a Web Page the format changes.

For Example:

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Turn into

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Using tab with dot leaders to place the page numbers. When I create

tables
and use ctl+tabs for dot leader I have the same format issue or I get a

Dr.
Watson.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

PJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, the issue is that you can't actually use tabs in Web pages the way you
do in Word documents, so there's no dependable way to align the page
numbers, and what would the page numbers mean in any case?

"PJ Usher" wrote in message
Thank you for your response.

Yes this is a table of contents but "sample" is a link to a pdf document.
The "Page" actually reference the pdf page within the linked document.
From what I was able read on Word Table of Contents - you have to have a
word document in order to create a TOC. Unfortunately this will not work

in
this case, as mentioned above, the links are to separate pdf documents.

PJ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If this is a table of contents (as it appears to be), you need to be

using
the built-in TOC feature, which allows you to suppress page numbers for

Web
pages. Since the entries are hyperlinked to the headings, and since

"pages"
are an irrelevant concept for Web pages, this is more satisfactory.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"PJ Usher" wrote in message
When I save a word 2000 document as a Web Page the format changes.

For Example:

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Turn into

Sample 1 1
Sample 2 7
Sample 3 15
Sample 4 17

Using tab with dot leaders to place the page numbers. When I create

tables
and use ctl+tabs for dot leader I have the same format issue or I get

Dr.
Watson.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

PJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PJ Usher PJ Usher is offline

Thank you for the information. Maybe the user will drop the page numbers
once he find out the tabs cannot be corrected.

"PJ Usher" wrote in message
Thank you for your response.

Yes this is a table of contents but "sample" is a link to a pdf

document.
The "Page" actually reference the pdf page within the linked document.
From what I was able read on Word Table of Contents - you have to have a