Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jthhousing jthhousing is offline

Default I would like to change the settings for putting files on a CD-RW

I have some CD-RW's that I have Word documents and/or pictures on.
I have somehow(??) have it set so everything on them is "read only"
How can I change both the setting and the CD -RW's?
Thank you for any information.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As far as Word is concerned, all CDs and DVDs are read-only. It doesn't
matter if you actually have a CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD±R, or DVD±RW.
Copy the file(s) from the CD to your hard drive, remove the read-only
attribute in File-Properties, and modify and save the file on the hard
drive. In general, do not open files directly from, or save files
directly to, a floppy disk or other removable media from Office
applications, because doing so usually results in file corruption sooner
or later.