blue2lion

Default why doesn't my MS Word Find feature work

i lost the ability to search for matches in a Word document.

When I select Edit/Find and enter a word that is obviously in the document,
the search function comes back with "finished searching the document. The
search item was not found."

How can I fix this?
Beth Melton

It works quite well. :-) But if you don't have the correct options set
in the Find dialog box, such as if you have "Match case" turned on and
you didn't type your search string in the same case it will not be
found.

How about providing us with what you are searching for, your search
string, and all of the options you have turned on/off in the Find
dialog box? Make sure you click the button labeled "More" to view all
options.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word