Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] wolf_tracks@invalid.com is offline

Default Moving a PPt Slide to the Next One with an Epson Powerlite S3 Projector

See Subject. I've done it before with the hand held keypad, but it
doesn't work now. I'm definitely able to use the keypad, but find
nothing on it that advances the slide. I am pointing at the front of the
projector. Maybe it has something to do with the ppt setup for the
slides has single line advancement for the text? I wouldn't think that
would be though.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

1. Not a Word question.

2. Did you try the Page Down key?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
See Subject. I've done it before with the hand held keypad, but it doesn't
work now. I'm definitely able to use the keypad, but find nothing on it
that advances the slide. I am pointing at the front of the projector.
Maybe it has something to do with the ppt setup for the slides has single
line advancement for the text? I wouldn't think that would be though.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

JoAnn Paules wrote:
1. Not a Word question.

2. Did you try the Page Down key?

You are right. I meant to put it in the ppt group. Yes, the keyboard
arrows and it will work. I'm convinced though that the two projector and
PC are unrelated, and no way will it work with the remote. I often see
people seated near a PC, and push the keys for the presenter. At best,
there may be some hardware that helps. I don't plan to worry about it.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I assume you connct the projector to the computer with a USB cable. Have you
tried switching cables?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
JoAnn Paules wrote:
1. Not a Word question.

2. Did you try the Page Down key?

You are right. I meant to put it in the ppt group. Yes, the keyboard
arrows and it will work. I'm convinced though that the two projector and
PC are unrelated, and no way will it work with the remote. I often see
people seated near a PC, and push the keys for the presenter. At best,
there may be some hardware that helps. I don't plan to worry about it.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

JoAnn Paules wrote:
I assume you connct the projector to the computer with a USB cable. Have
you tried switching cables?

It's connected by some other cable. Not familiar with it. Blue with
maybe 14-20 pins. Probably something along the lines of a monitor
connection. I think I'll just stick with the "assistant" approach.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's the video cable. To get the remote to work, hook up a USB cable
between the projector and computer as well. ;-)
http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/...anual_2869.pdf
Page 25

(I use a projector at work as well but we rarely ever use the remote in our
meetings.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
JoAnn Paules wrote:
I assume you connct the projector to the computer with a USB cable. Have
you tried switching cables?

It's connected by some other cable. Not familiar with it. Blue with maybe
14-20 pins. Probably something along the lines of a monitor connection. I
think I'll just stick with the "assistant" approach.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

JoAnn Paules wrote:
That's the video cable. To get the remote to work, hook up a USB cable
between the projector and computer as well. ;-)
http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/...anual_2869.pdf
Page 25

(I use a projector at work as well but we rarely ever use the remote in
our meetings.)

That usb port doesn't look like the standard rectangular connector. I
may have one though for it that I use for video work. Amazing, I found
it. I'll be back later.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

There are eight different USB connector shapes. You're probably more
familiar with the A-type. The projector has a B-type (kind of square with
angled corners).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
JoAnn Paules wrote:
That's the video cable. To get the remote to work, hook up a USB cable
between the projector and computer as well. ;-)
http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/...anual_2869.pdf
Page 25

(I use a projector at work as well but we rarely ever use the remote in
our meetings.)

That usb port doesn't look like the standard rectangular connector. I may
have one though for it that I use for video work. Amazing, I found it.
I'll be back later.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

JoAnn Paules wrote:
There are eight different USB connector shapes. You're probably more
familiar with the A-type. The projector has a B-type (kind of square with
angled corners).

I think I've found the right one, but I don't see how it advances a ppt
slide. It appears to let the remote act as a mouse. It seems to do that.
I say seems because I can move the pointer on the screen, but I could do
that without out the USB connection. However, maybe that was only at
right angles. I'll have to start again w/o the usb cable to find out.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Check page 26 in manual. Upper left corner of the remote. Page up and page
down.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]