Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Puzzled in Vegas Puzzled in Vegas is offline

Default Combine multiple Word docs

How do I combine multiple Word documents without a tedious cut-and-paste?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are they different versions of the same document, or are they different
parts of what will ultimately be a single document?

If the former, you can try Word's Combine feature. Assuming you're using
Word 2007, you can try Review tab, Compare - Combine.

If the latter, you can use the {includetext} field where you want each
different part to appear. Note that if you use Insert - Field, you will need
to include the full specification for the file's locations, but syntax in
the field code will be correct--i.e., \ has to be doubled,
{ INCLUDETEXT "C:\\Users\\Herb\\Documents\\test.docx" }.

All told however, I would tend to think that copy and paste isn't nearly as
tedious since the Field dialog does not have a Browse button, and you
basically would need to get the folder information from Windows Explorer.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"Puzzled in Vegas" wrote in
message ...
How do I combine multiple Word documents without a tedious cut-and-paste?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm

"Puzzled in Vegas" wrote in
message ...
How do I combine multiple Word documents without a tedious cut-and-paste?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joefox joefox is offline

A bit of a convoluted process is to use Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro. I
tried the combine option in Word and it didn't work very well. So, I used the
Combine feature of Adobe for multiple Word documents, then did an export from
Adobe (Standard 8.0) back to Word. Seemed to work well.

In Adobe -
- Click Combine Files , and then click Add Files.
- Select the files you want to combine, and click Add Files.
- Adjust the order of files as desired, and then choose a file size and
conversion setting.
- Click Next, select Merge Files Into A Single PDF, and click Create.

Then,
- Click Export
- Click Word document
- Name the file