lbrowne

Default Wnen I try mail merge in Word tp prepare labels I get "microsoft .

In using Word 2002 to prepare mailing labels from a mailing list I get the
error message "Microsoft has committed an error and must close" whenever I
try to merge the list with the label document. What can I do about this.?
Mary

It's probably the mailing list that's not acceptable. You must use an Office
program such as Excel or Outlook Address Book for merge. Look up Merge in
Word's Help. There's a training course on the Office web site. An easier way
to do a mail list in Word is to use Avery Wizard add-on and type in the list
individually, then save as a Word document. That's good for Christmas card
label lists.

"lbrowne" wrote:

In using Word 2002 to prepare mailing labels from a mailing list I get the
error message "Microsoft has committed an error and must close" whenever I
try to merge the list with the label document. What can I do about this.?

Graham Mayor

Without any information about your mailing list it is difficult to point a
finger at the cause of your problem - but work through the suggestions at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm, clear the mess
created by the crashes
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then see