Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kitleo kitleo is offline

Default Multicard reader !!!

I hope this is the place to come for advice. I have brought a digital photo
frame for a christmas pressy and want to put some photos on for them. I then
realised I needed a memory card so hotfooted it to the shop and bought a
compatable one. I have the pictures on a memory stick but could not transfer
them over so have now bought a multicard reader by special delivery from
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Wow! Let's start by saying that this is a Newsgroup for Microsoft Word and
your questions are WAY off topic. Also, you do not seem to have thought out
your requirements and have made some very rash purchases without knowing
what you are doing. Did you read the manual that came with the photo frame?

Now I don't have a digital photo frame and have never even seen such a
device, but my guess is that they accept a memory card that holds pictures
in the required format for the frame to display. The larger the memory card,
the more photos it will hold. But to transfer pictures to the memory card,
you need to connect it to your computer. That requires the MultiCard Reader
that you have purchased (note that although it is called a reader, it should
both read and write to the memory card). Then you can transfer the photos
from your computer to the card through the USB port. But read the
instructions that came with the photo frame as they probably need to be in a
particular format and a particular size depending on the frame.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"kitleo" u30454@uwe wrote in message news:6b3405b6e7186@uwe...
I hope this is the place to come for advice. I have brought a digital
photo
frame for a christmas pressy and want to put some photos on for them. I
then
realised I needed a memory card so hotfooted it to the shop and bought a
compatable one. I have the pictures on a memory stick but could not
transfer
them over so have now bought a multicard reader by special delivery from
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne has answered your question but, for future reference, this wasn't
the correct place to ask it. This group is for questions about Word. Yours
is more of a hardware question - or maybe Windows.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"kitleo" u30454@uwe wrote in message news:6b3405b6e7186@uwe...
I hope this is the place to come for advice. I have brought a digital
photo
frame for a christmas pressy and want to put some photos on for them. I
then
realised I needed a memory card so hotfooted it to the shop and bought a
compatable one. I have the pictures on a memory stick but could not
transfer
them over so have now bought a multicard reader by special delivery from
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kitleo kitleo is offline

Thankyou Suzanne for your help, I am a complete notive and didn't know where
to go to ask for help. The instructions with the photoframe are so basic and
give no help. I really appreciate your kindness. Happy Christmas

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I imagine your card reader will be able to write as well; the card is much
like a floppy disk (not like a CD), so the card reader is like a disk drive.

I hope this is the place to come for advice. I have brought a digital photo
frame for a christmas pressy and want to put some photos on for them. I then

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kitleo kitleo is offline

I am very sorry Terry if I have caused offence by asking my question here,
but I am a bit of a novice when it comes to computers and this was the only
place I could find after some time of searching. I always understood that
people who understand these things are kind enough to offer guidance - so
asked. The instructions with the photo frame are all but non-existant and I
spent a long time reading it though to work out for myself that I needed
something to hold the photos (the card) and then again something to transfer
the images. I just want to make someone happy at Christmas with a collection
of photos that they can look at and paniced when I got home to read that it
said reader not reader/writer. I was unaware that a reader can also mean
that it will write as well. Also I was unaware that memory cards are a form
of floppy disk and not a cd. I know that the format of my photos are ok as it
reads them from the 'stick pen' I have. Thank you for your reply.

Happy Christmas

Terry Farrell wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kitleo kitleo is offline

Thank you for your Reply JoAnn, as explained in the previous repy to Terry I
really could not find anywhere else and needed advice. I thank you for your
reply and really did not mean to cause offence I did not understand that
general ms word questions meant only about ms. Hppy christmas

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Suzanne has answered your question but, for future reference, this wasn't
the correct place to ask it. This group is for questions about Word. Yours
is more of a hardware question - or maybe Windows.

I hope this is the place to come for advice. I have brought a digital
photo

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I realized that but thought for future reference I could give you something
to tuck away, just in case it's needed. And by the way, this group is for
questions about Microsoft Word only. IIRC, there are newsgroups for
everything that Microsoft has. From games to hardware. You just need to
figure out specifically what your question pertains to. Sometimes it applies
to more than one. In that case, pick the one that you think is probably the
best option to get an answer. If that doesn't work, you can always try in
another group.

Happy holidays

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Suzanne has answered your question but, for future reference, this wasn't
the correct place to ask it. This group is for questions about Word. Yours
is more of a hardware question - or maybe Windows.

I hope this is the place to come for advice. I have brought a digital
photo

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
Amerzon but now wonder if this is what I need as I have not opened it
thinking it needs to be a reader writer???? Can anyone please advise?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sunny Sunny is offline

"kitleo" u30454@uwe wrote in message news:6b34a5f458e2e@uwe...
Thank you for your Reply JoAnn, as explained in the previous repy to Terry
really could not find anywhere else and needed advice. I thank you for
your
reply and really did not mean to cause offence I did not understand that
general ms word questions meant only about ms. Hppy christmas

Have a quiet read through these pages :
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...ture-frame.htm

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kitleo via OfficeKB.com kitleo via OfficeKB.com is offline

Thanks Sunny - Were do you guys find such amazing sites...... I really do
appreciate all your help. And it did work - by drag and drop. Thanks you
all so very much...

Kitleo

Sunny wrote:
Thank you for your Reply JoAnn, as explained in the previous repy to Terry
really could not find anywhere else and needed advice. I thank you for
your
reply and really did not mean to cause offence I did not understand that
general ms word questions meant only about ms. Hppy christmas

Have a quiet read through these pages :
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...ture-frame.htm

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers