Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Arie A. de Langen Arie A. de Langen is offline

Default Strange starting procedures with Word 2007 Evaluation version

As u newby (veteran) I installed Word 2007 Pro. Each time I opened Outlook
2003, Word installes itself and also configures my Nuance PaperPort 11
program; even if this program is also opened!
If a select Word 2007 from Start, it's installing itself as a evaluation
program.
Than, if Word 2007 appears, again it starts with configuring PP11 and trying
to activate and installing itself again.....!
I'm so tired!
Should I remove Word 2007 from my computer, so I can go on with my 2003
version?
Or don't I understand the precise instructions?
Please advise....!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Nuance PP11 is not fully compatible with Office 2007. The problem is that
Outlook no longer uses Word as its email editor: instead an abridged version
of Word is stored in its .dll for Outlook to use independently of Word. When
you open Outlook, PP11 thinks that Word has opened (as it would have in
previous version), so it registers itself. Then when you close Outlook and
open Word, PP11 now sees a different version of Word and has to register
again.

Your choice seems to be to uninstall either Office 2007 or NPP 11 until PP11
has a patch. Office 2003 should reinstall once Office 2007 has been removed.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Arie A. de Langen" Arie A. de wrote in
message ...
As u newby (veteran) I installed Word 2007 Pro. Each time I opened Outlook
2003, Word installes itself and also configures my Nuance PaperPort 11
program; even if this program is also opened!
If a select Word 2007 from Start, it's installing itself as a evaluation
program.
Than, if Word 2007 appears, again it starts with configuring PP11 and
trying
to activate and installing itself again.....!
I'm so tired!
Should I remove Word 2007 from my computer, so I can go on with my 2003
version?
Or don't I understand the precise instructions?
Please advise....!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Arie A. de Langen Arie A. de Langen is offline

Thank you for quick response, it is well understood!

I'll remove Office 2007 from my computer as I'm satisfied with my Office and
Outlook 2003; these work without problems. Also PaperPort is a very important
archieve instrument for me.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I can understand that. Just check now and again with PaperPort as they are
certain the patch it sooner rather than later or they'll risk alienating
their customers.

Terry

"Arie A. de Langen" wrote in
message ...
Thank you for quick response, it is well understood!

I'll remove Office 2007 from my computer as I'm satisfied with my Office
and
Outlook 2003; these work without problems. Also PaperPort is a very
important
archieve instrument for me.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Arie A. de Langen Arie A. de Langen is offline

Yes, meet Murphy...!

I did try to uninstall Office 2007 however I didn't find this program in
Programs. So I thought I use System Repear (Herstel) however, clicking did
not work.

So I Repair my Windows, and now Office is configuring all my bought programs
as Acrobat 7.0, PDF Converter 3.

How do I remove Office 2007? I stored it in a special EXE-map on my computer
deck (bureaublad).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Control Panel, select Microsoft Office 2007 and the Remove/Change dialog
will open.

Terry

"Arie A. de Langen" wrote in
message ...
Yes, meet Murphy...!

I did try to uninstall Office 2007 however I didn't find this program in
Programs. So I thought I use System Repear (Herstel) however, clicking did
not work.

So I Repair my Windows, and now Office is configuring all my bought
programs
as Acrobat 7.0, PDF Converter 3.

How do I remove Office 2007? I stored it in a special EXE-map on my
computer
deck (bureaublad).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Arie A. de Langen Arie A. de Langen is offline

Thank you very much, Terry, and yes, I had to repair Office 2003 and Outlook
2003 as well!

Cost me some swet, but I'm rightup again, I think!

I thank Microsoft in a way, that this kind of surprices make me more and
more a computer expert! Solve one problem after another!

By the way: since I installed Partition Magic I get (starting XP Pro) a blue
screen "XMNT 2001 program not found....". Do you know how I to remove this?

Secondly: after installing Windows Live Messenger my old version of MSN
Messenger number 4.0 starts first! And, of course, this program is not
visible in my add/remove program (of course I dropped this question somewhere
with Microsoft, but I didn't receive and answer from them).

Please advise....
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Arie A. de Langen Arie A. de Langen is offline

I thank Microsoft in a way, that this kind of surprices make me more and
more a computer expert! Solve one problem after another!

By the way: since I installed Partition Magic I get (starting XP Pro) a blue
screen "XMNT 2001 program not found....". Do you know how I to remove this?

Secondly: after installing Windows Live Messenger my old version of MSN
Messenger number 4.0 starts first! And, of course, this program is not
visible in my add/remove program (of course I dropped this question somewhere
with Microsoft, but I didn't receive and answer from them).

Thanks to Microsoft I really become an computer expert; I removed the XMNT
2001 notation from my register!!!! Yes, I really did! Google showed me the
way!

Messenger's problem also soved: removed all messengers from my computer,
Live Messenger inlcuded!

Hihihi, I'm happy now!

Thank you....