Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marybpepper Marybpepper is offline

Default Downloaded word 2003 can't find it now

I downloaded Microsoft Office Word 2003 through a school online program and
now I cannot locate it on the start up menu. I downloaded all the student
data files (to use with the textbook) and I found them in the folder that I
downloaded them to but, my textbook is telling me to goto start menu-all
programs- microsoft office word, but it just isn't there. I also looked in
the add/remove programs and it wasn't there! The search provided nothing as
well.... what do I do now?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You're the one who downloaded the files. Where did you save them? Are you
POSITIVE that you downloaded the program itself? (I've never heard of
downloading Word legally but I suppose your school could have some special
license.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Marybpepper" wrote in message
I downloaded Microsoft Office Word 2003 through a school online program and
now I cannot locate it on the start up menu. I downloaded all the student
data files (to use with the textbook) and I found them in the folder that
downloaded them to but, my textbook is telling me to goto start menu-all
programs- microsoft office word, but it just isn't there. I also looked
in
the add/remove programs and it wasn't there! The search provided nothing
as
well.... what do I do now?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Search the hard drive for winword.exe (after making sure that you have
hidden and system files displayed and have set the search explicitly to look
for them). When you find it, create a shortcut and drag it to the desktop,
Start menu, or Quick Launch bar. If you don't find it, then all you
downloaded was the student files, the assumption being that you already had
Word 2003 installed.

"Marybpepper" wrote in message
I downloaded Microsoft Office Word 2003 through a school online program

and
now I cannot locate it on the start up menu. I downloaded all the student
data files (to use with the textbook) and I found them in the folder that

downloaded them to but, my textbook is telling me to goto start menu-all
programs- microsoft office word, but it just isn't there. I also looked

in
the add/remove programs and it wasn't there! The search provided nothing

as
well.... what do I do now?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Did you download it or did you install it? If you downloaded the program,
then you need to install the program. How this is achieved really depends on
how the IT department have set this up. I suggest you get hold of the school
IT Admin and ask them to help.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP