Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greenview Greenview is offline

Default How to type on Scaned Document in Word

I have scanned an order form into m/s Word and saved it, can anyone tell me
how I can just print in this form and fill it in as needed.
Many thanks for any Help.
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Sounds like you scanned it as an image. You will need to scan as OCR in order
to type on it, though you could add text boxes in appropriate places but that
would be very slow.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Greenview" wrote:

I have scanned an order form into m/s Word and saved it, can anyone tell me
how I can just print in this form and fill it in as needed.
Many thanks for any Help.
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Converting scanned form documents to text requires good OCR software and a
lot of patience.

An alternative would be to build a table over the image inserted behind
text, again a lot of work and hardly practical for a one-off, unless you
have far too much time on your hands.

If you have a lot of similar forms to fill then you need an application
designed with that it mind. Abbyy used to include a form builder with its
Finereader OCR software but now appears to sell it as a separate
application. My guess is that this would be far too expensive for casual
use.

You could always use a pen. Sometimes old technology is the best option.
Computers are only the better option if they save you time. On this occasion
that is most unlikely.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
Word applies direct format on File open Uriel Microsoft Word Help 16 November 27th 05 08:22 PM