Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Francis Hookham Francis Hookham is offline

Default Lost shortcut

Windows XP, Word 2000

Somehow I have lost the Word shortcut on the taskbar. I scrapped the
shortcup on the desktop ages ago. Word no longer appears in Programs from
Start.

Word is still there hiding but I cannot find it so can you suggest how to
get a shortcut back into these places. There is no problem with running Word
once I have double clicked an existing file but it is a bit cumbersome and
very time wasting.

Please help.

Thank you,

Francis Hookham

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Francis,
Do a search for winword.exe file (F3 or click start - search..., when you
have found it in the search results screen, rightclick it, choose attach to
the start menu, or choose make shortcut, you will get a message warning you
cannot make a shortcut in the search dialog but asking if you want one on
your desktop, click yes. You can edit the text under the icon if you want.
Right click the icon and choose change name.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)