Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kae kae is offline

Default Have .wbk file showing 52KB but nothing shows when opened

I have a .wbk file that is showing a size of 52KB but when I double click to
open Word2002 shows the document as 0 characters. Is there a special
procedure to open this file or to try and recover it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"kae" wrote:
I have a .wbk file that is showing a size of 52KB but when I double click
open Word2002 shows the document as 0 characters. Is there a special
procedure to open this file or to try and recover it?

Hi kae,

A lot of things could be responsible for those 52 kB.
I usually save as XML (or RTF) and look at that with Notepad (or as a text
file with "confirm conversion" in Word), to see if there's any usable text
hidden, or to figure out what accounts for the file size.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the file 'open' in Word press Alt+Shift+F11 to open the script editor.
Anything that file contains will be shown.