Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Goran Ivanic Goran Ivanic is offline

Default Is there a viewer-only for Word docs ?

As far as I remember there is viewer-only for Word (2003 and older) documents.
This viewer does not require a full
MsOffice installation but remains slim and tiny and is only able to
display the documents.

However I did not found a place where I can download such a browser.

Can someone help me ?

Thank you

Goran

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Yes.

You have Viewer for Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. The viewer application
will help you view all the word document and powerpoint file(s) in your
folder. This is very useful when you want to archive and view file in a
folder, when you do not have a complete office installation. You can also
have a the viewer application stored in a floppy for future purposes.

Challa Prabhu