Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billzant via OfficeKB.com billzant via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Shortcut for a style

Dear Forum,

I am trying to set a button or assign a keyboard shortcut for a style. I
think this problem occurs more with Outlook than it does with Word €“ using
Word as email editor.

I like to write with a certain style (to make up for my lack of style in
writing?), and would like to just press a key or click a button to do so.
Selecting text and clicking is fine.

I go to Format-Styles and Formatting and I define a style name BillZant, in
fact the style is also my normal style. Normal is defined by ctrl-alt-f and
BillZant is defined by ctrl-alt-g.

All works fine to begin with, and then after a while both normal and BillZant
get altered €“ somehow.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Note that the built-in shortcut for Normal style is Ctrl+Shift+N; you don't
have to assign a shortcut for that style. If your keyboard shortcuts are not
being retained, it could be that Normal.dot is not being saved. There are
several possible reasons for this, but one of the most common is conflict
with an add-in, often the add-in for Adobe Acrobat 7; if you have that
application installed, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"billzant via OfficeKB.com" u19337@uwe wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billzant via OfficeKB.com billzant via OfficeKB.com is offline

Dear Suzanne,

How are you?

Thanks very much for your post. The problem worsened and I determined it was
normal.dot. I renamed and the new one does not have this problem. It dioes
not have my customisations either and will make a backup.

Thanks for your help.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z