Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Norman Zhang Norman Zhang is offline

Default Removing Number Bullets from All Headings

Hi,

For some reason my Headings (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3), all got
covered to listed items. For example

*Old Format for Chapter 1*
Introduction

*New Format for Chapter 1*
Section 1. Introduction

I am not sure what caused this. Is there a way I can removed all the
numbers from all Headings without manually going into each item and
deleting the number?

Regards,
Norman Zhang
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Norman,
Other than changing the style from each heading level in the Styles and
formatting task pane. You could do the following, ctrl+A to select the whole
document, format - bullets and numbering - on the outline numbering tab
click on none and hit OK. That should eliminate the numbering but leave the
other formatting.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Norman Zhang" schreef in bericht
Hi,

For some reason my Headings (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3), all got
covered to listed items. For example

*Old Format for Chapter 1*
Introduction

*New Format for Chapter 1*
Section 1. Introduction

I am not sure what caused this. Is there a way I can removed all the
numbers from all Headings without manually going into each item and
deleting the number?

Regards,
Norman Zhang

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Modify the Heading 1 style to remove the numbering. If you are using Word
2002 or 2003, select Heading 1 in the Styles and Formatting task pane and
choose Modify... from the dropdown list (in earlier versions, Format | Style
| Modify...). In the Modify Style dialog, click Format | Numbering... In the
Bullets and Numbering dialog, choose None.