Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dee Dee is offline

Default I am 62 what did I do, Helppppppppppp

I opened word and hit my resume and all these boxes come up saying,

Changes have been made to effect the global template do you want to save the
changes, so I try to hit yes or no and can,t get the darn box to go away,
then another box appears and says, the file normal already exists do you want
to replace it, so wher did all my stuff go and what do I do. Please
helpppppppppp.

Dee in Ark
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Does this happen with any Word document and are you using Norton Anti Virus?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"dee" wrote in message
I opened word and hit my resume and all these boxes come up saying,

Changes have been made to effect the global template do you want to save
the
changes, so I try to hit yes or no and can,t get the darn box to go away,
then another box appears and says, the file normal already exists do you
want
to replace it, so wher did all my stuff go and what do I do. Please
helpppppppppp.

Dee in Ark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dee Dee is offline

I use norton and all my stuff I had typed is gone but these boxes popping up
are really getting to me.

"dee" wrote:

I opened word and hit my resume and all these boxes come up saying,

Changes have been made to effect the global template do you want to save the
changes, so I try to hit yes or no and can,t get the darn box to go away,
then another box appears and says, the file normal already exists do you want
to replace it, so wher did all my stuff go and what do I do. Please
helpppppppppp.

Dee in Ark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hertz_Donut Hertz_Donut is offline

Why do you think that Norton Antivirus causes every single problem in the
world? I am curious as to what happened to cause you to think that way...

Honu

"dee" wrote in message
I opened word and hit my resume and all these boxes come up saying,

Changes have been made to effect the global template do you want to save
the
changes, so I try to hit yes or no and can,t get the darn box to go away,
then another box appears and says, the file normal already exists do you
want
to replace it, so wher did all my stuff go and what do I do. Please
helpppppppppp.

Dee in Ark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It does not cause them all, but the Office plug in does cause more than
it's fair share.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dee" wrote in message
I opened word and hit my resume and all these boxes come up saying,

Changes have been made to effect the global template do you want to save
the
changes, so I try to hit yes or no and can,t get the darn box to go
away,
then another box appears and says, the file normal already exists do you
want
to replace it, so wher did all my stuff go and what do I do. Please
helpppppppppp.

Dee in Ark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See “OFF: Latest Information on Using Microsoft Office with the Norton
Anti-Virus Microsoft Office Plug-In” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

"dee" wrote in message
I opened word and hit my resume and all these boxes come up saying,

Changes have been made to effect the global template do you want to

save
the
changes, so I try to hit yes or no and can,t get the darn box to go

away,
then another box appears and says, the file normal already exists do

you
want
to replace it, so wher did all my stuff go and what do I do. Please
helpppppppppp.

Dee in Ark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I don't think that NAV causes every problem in Word BUT for this is one
particular symptom that NAV frequently causes. As NAV is a widely used AV
solution, it is usually best to mention the obvious problem before delving
into other solutions.

Terry