Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bo Grimes Bo Grimes is offline

Default Word Screen Fonts Too Large for Settings

I have two Microsoft Windows computers. They are both running Microsoft XP
Pro SP2, both running the exact same version of Microsoft Word (2003 student
edition), both are running at 1280x1024 at 96 dpi. However, on one the
fonts in Microsoft Word are huge on screen, even for a size as low as 8. On
the other computer they are not. Further, they are even different between
Microsoft Word and Microsoft WordPad.

I set up a screenshot to show the comparison. Both Microsoft Word and
Microsoft WordPad are using the same font face and size. You can see that
on screen the one in Microsoft Word looks huge. They both print the same
size.

The keywords here (Microsoft Word and fonts) are too general for me to find
any help. I have looked in all the content help and examined all
configuration options. I have never had this problem with Microsoft Word
before, and I don't have it on my other computer.. Any help would be
appreciated.

http://www.resident-aliens.org/misc/fontproblem.bmp

I trimmed it down to less than 2 MB, but with Microsoft Windows I don't know
a better way to do a screenshot than to print screen and copy to paint. I
would prefer a PNG, but, it is what it is.

TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click View Zoom and set the zoom to 100%. (If you didn't have both
toolbars on the same line, you'd see a zoom box on one of them, which is
another way to set it.)

If this is in all your documents, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bo Grimes wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bo Grimes Bo Grimes is offline

No, no no...tell me I didn't do that! I never touched the zoom, and it
never occurred to me. It see now, for some reason, it defaults to 200%
whenever I switch views (Web, Print, Normal).

I feel like Charlie Brown. My shame forever archived on Google, the source
of endless amusement and head shaking.

I thank you, but wished I had used a fake name! :-)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Click View Zoom and set the zoom to 100%. (If you didn't have both
toolbars on the same line, you'd see a zoom box on one of them, which is
another way to set it.)

If this is in all your documents, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Bo Grimes wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Thanks for the laugh Bo. VBG

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

ink.net...

Bo Grimes wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If it will console you, I find that when I open very old documents (ones
created in Word several versions back), they open at some very large Zoom
ratio). I'm not sure whether this reflects a change in screen resolution or
what; I merely point it out as a convenient excuse to save you
embarrassment. g

"Bo Grimes" wrote in message
ink.net...
No, no no...tell me I didn't do that! I never touched the zoom, and it
never occurred to me. It see now, for some reason, it defaults to 200%
whenever I switch views (Web, Print, Normal).

I feel like Charlie Brown. My shame forever archived on Google, the

source
of endless amusement and head shaking.

I thank you, but wished I had used a fake name! :-)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Click View Zoom and set the zoom to 100%. (If you didn't have both
toolbars on the same line, you'd see a zoom box on one of them, which is
another way to set it.)

If this is in all your documents, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

--