Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oerjan Oerjan is offline

Default word not active after start

Hi,

I have appended the switch /n to the target of the shortcut to prevent
the program (Word 2003 under MS XP) from opening a new document when
starting up.

It works well but somehow the focus is switched away from the program
window. I can still see it, but the menu list is greyed out and I have
to click somewhere or press Alt-Tab to start using it.

It´s not very important but annoying.

Is there a way to remedy this behaviour?

TIA
Örjan