Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kylemackie kylemackie is offline

Default changing embedded files to linked files

I've got a huge Word file. I'm talkin' 144MB huge. Thing is, there's a
bunch of pdf files embedded in it. Anyone know of a tool that could help to
change the files en masse so that they are linked to as opposed to embedded?
I've done some routing around, but come up zero.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?a3lsZW1hY2tpZQ==?=,

I've got a huge Word file. I'm talkin' 144MB huge. Thing is, there's a
bunch of pdf files embedded in it. Anyone know of a tool that could help to
change the files en masse so that they are linked to as opposed to embedded?
I've done some routing around, but come up zero.

I don't know of a tool, and I have my doubts whether something like this would
even be possible. Embedded files store no information about the originating
file, such as path or even file name.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

linked files lpatt Microsoft Word Help 4 May 30th 08 06:18 AM
Linked/Embedded files (Excel in Word) Amanda Llewellyn Microsoft Word Help 0 May 16th 08 05:30 PM
Why files auto linked? Kim Microsoft Word Help 3 June 21st 07 10:01 PM
Can I convert linked files to embedded files in MS Word leesi Microsoft Word Help 6 February 23rd 06 09:51 PM
Headers and linked files SB92501 Page Layout 1 March 19th 05 07:58 PM