Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Todd Murray Todd Murray is offline

Default Hiding Comment balloons in Word 2007

I've added comments in my Word document that I wold like to have hidden to
all other users that access this document. If I choose "Final" the document
hides all of the comments, but it doesn't hide the comments when the new user
opens up the document. Is there a way to hide the comments and only show
them when prompted?

Thanks,
Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Viewing Track changes is a machine by machine viewing choice that is not
saved in the document. Sorry.

"Todd Murray" wrote:

I've added comments in my Word document that I wold like to have hidden to
all other users that access this document. If I choose "Final" the document
hides all of the comments, but it doesn't hide the comments when the new user
opens up the document. Is there a way to hide the comments and only show
them when prompted?

Thanks,
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To make sure that nobody can see your comments, you will have to delete
them. You can keep a copy with the comments to yourself.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Todd Murray" Todd wrote in message
I've added comments in my Word document that I wold like to have hidden to
all other users that access this document. If I choose "Final" the
document
hides all of the comments, but it doesn't hide the comments when the new
user
opens up the document. Is there a way to hide the comments and only show
them when prompted?

Thanks,
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Todd,

I've added comments in my Word document that I wold like to have hidden to
all other users that access this document. If I choose "Final" the document
hides all of the comments, but it doesn't hide the comments when the new user
opens up the document. Is there a way to hide the comments and only show
them when prompted?

That would require a macro that executes when the document is opened. If Macro
Security is not a concern, that might be an option.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)