Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rgille rgille is offline

Default Word 2003 - "Insert Number of Pages" in Header/Footer command

Hello - I have a two-section document (the section is set up as Section Break
Pages." I used the Header/Footer command to "Insert Number of Pages" for the
"Y" amount. The problem is that this command is picking up the total number
of pages in the whole document (including both sections), rather than just
showing the total pages in the second section, which is what I want to show
in this header. How can I tell Word not to count total number of pages in
the document, and just show total pages in the section?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alt+F9 to display the field code. Change NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES. Then
Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update.

http://word.mvps.org