Peter

Default Need a formula

I am not sure how to do this if some one could tell me how to do the
formula I would appreciate it

I want to enter a number in A1 and have it represent a value in A2
The number in A1 would range from 1 to 150 and then number in A2 would
always be a set value as shown below
A1 A2

1 = 22
2 = 25
3 = 37
4 = 59
5 = 71

Thanks Peter

Jay Freedman

Peter wrote:
I am not sure how to do this if some one could tell me how to do the
formula I would appreciate it

I want to enter a number in A1 and have it represent a value in A2
The number in A1 would range from 1 to 150 and then number in A2 would
always be a set value as shown below
A1 A2

1 = 22
2 = 25
3 = 37
4 = 59
5 = 71

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

From your small sample, there isn't any obvious formula such as an
arithmetic progression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic_progression)
or a geometric progression
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_progression). It might be possible
to contruct a polynomial expression to fit the numbers
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynomial_interpolation) but you'd need to
build it based on all 150 values to make sure you matched them all.

It might be better to store the data in an Excel spreadsheet, and write a
Word macro (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/C...XLFromWord.htm) to
extract the value for A2 based on the number in A1.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Excel formula to word Steved Microsoft Word Help 3 April 3rd 05 08:43 AM
How do you create a formula in a table where the result appears a. papa did Tables 1 March 11th 05 09:49 PM
field formula Jessica Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:46 PM
I need a formula of amount of hours from two times in two cell? dmvargas29 Tables 2 November 20th 04 02:48 AM
Formula in table - Creating a final total from sub-total cells Anne Gilmour Tables 1 November 7th 04 04:14 AM