Paul Haddlesey

Default Mail merge to labels does not work in Word 2003

Since upgrading to Office 2003 I can't get mail merge to labels in Word to
work properly - using either Excel or Access data sources. I follow the
detailed instructions in help but Word only merges the first two labels for
printing, even though the other records are visible when previewing labels
one by one.
Using the update records button only puts the address block in the second
label. Copying and pasting address block to the other labels causes the
table to corrupt.
Paul Haddlesey

Fantastic. I am using a Tablet PC and this has solved the problem. Many thanks.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If you are using a tablet PC, see :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898630

Otherwise, see the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP
Graham Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Paul Haddlesey" Paul wrote in message
Since upgrading to Office 2003 I can't get mail merge to labels in Word to
work properly - using either Excel or Access data sources. I follow the
detailed instructions in help but Word only merges the first two labels
for
printing, even though the other records are visible when previewing labels
one by one.
Using the update records button only puts the address block in the second
label. Copying and pasting address block to the other labels causes
the
table to corrupt.

Doug Robbins

Thanks are due to Peter Jamieson for pursuing that one.

--

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Word 2003, mail merge disabled when doc opened in Internet Explore LSiKevin Mailmerge 0 July 14th 05 08:24 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Mail merge has lost significant functionality in Word 2003 bdq Mailmerge 1 March 22nd 05 09:01 PM
Why can't I use Mail Merge Wizard with Avery 2160 labels?. Andy39 Mailmerge 1 December 10th 04 02:19 AM
Exchange 2003 - Outlook 2003 - Word 2003 mail merge Micheline Mailmerge 1 December 2nd 04 11:51 AM