Hisako

Default Zip code that starts with "0" does not show it in merged document

When I made a label with Excel document as a data source, the zip code that
starts with "0" does not show "0" and became 4 or less disit number. For
your info, the Zip code field of the data base is formatted as "Zip code".
Doug Robbins

The formatting in Excel only controls the way the information is displayed
in Excel. It is not actually stored in Excel in that fashion. To get the
correct formatting in Word, you will need to add a formatting switch to the
Word mergefield.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Hisako" wrote in message
When I made a label with Excel document as a data source, the zip code
that
starts with "0" does not show "0" and became 4 or less disit number. For
your info, the Zip code field of the data base is formatted as "Zip code".

Fields only display the code not the data!! Paula Microsoft Word Help 3 September 13th 05 03:53 AM
label merge will not show zero in the zip code Eva Anne Mailmerge 1 July 30th 05 02:29 PM
adding the post code Louise Mailmerge 3 May 4th 05 06:27 PM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 22nd 05 11:16 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM