Basil

Default recover tmp file - urgent

Hi guys,

Sorry for this - I've had a stinker and have no time on my hands.

I worked 12 hours on a document (saved it a few times), but then my laptop
totally died!

I never managed to restart it and it has gone to heaven. Obviously Word
never got the chance to do an autorecover.. but I did pull out the hard-drive.

Inspecting it from another PC, I found the .tmp file which is 2 hours more
recent than the Word file.

Just opening the tmp from notepad or word just brings up jibberish though
(there were a lot of drawings in it). Is there any way I can persuade my
current PC (which I've now copied all relevant files to) to treat it as a
proper recovery file and get me all the goodies that I saved??

Thanks for any help!!!

Basil