Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ECTRBob

Default Can I scan paper letterhead into Word as electronic letterhead?

I am using (as a newbie) Word 2000 and would like to scan in my letterhead,
with Word, Publisher, or ? third party software and have the scan appear as
the letterhead of the 1st page of my Word correspondence. I would then like
to print the document (with a color laser printer- as my letterhead has color
printing as well as color graphics) and have the entire document including
the "electronic letterhead" reproduced. Perhaps I'm too optimistic about
what can be accomplished but would like to ask. Thanks for your time and
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You will get a much better quality job if you can use the original artwork
rather than a scan of it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ECTRBob" wrote in message
I am using (as a newbie) Word 2000 and would like to scan in my letterhead,
with Word, Publisher, or ? third party software and have the scan appear
as
the letterhead of the 1st page of my Word correspondence. I would then
like
to print the document (with a color laser printer- as my letterhead has
color
printing as well as color graphics) and have the entire document including
the "electronic letterhead" reproduced. Perhaps I'm too optimistic about
what can be accomplished but would like to ask. Thanks for your time and
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You are unlikely to be pleased with scanned letterhead, especially the text
portion is best recreated. Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some
other document where you want one header on the first page and a different
header on other pages. http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm
This gives step-by-step instructions on creating a letterhead template. (It
also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users