d2of5

Default trouble printing mulitple copies

Help! I can only print one copy when using word & outlook in office 2003. I
have changed the drivers and verified by: 1st going to start settings
printers and selecting the printer, going to properties, printing pref,
advanced,paper layout, number of copies, setting it at two, and it will print
two test pages.

But... when I goin into word, file print, you can see it says two in the
number of copies but will only print one. Any Ideas?????
garfield-n-odie

Try turning off background printing in Word ( Tools | Options | Print )
and turning off print spooling in Windows ( Start | Control Panel |
Printers | right-click on your printer | Properties | Advanced ).

d2of5 wrote:

Help! I can only print one copy when using word & outlook in office 2003. I
have changed the drivers and verified by: 1st going to start settings
printers and selecting the printer, going to properties, printing pref,
advanced,paper layout, number of copies, setting it at two, and it will print
two test pages.

But... when I goin into word, file print, you can see it says two in the
number of copies but will only print one. Any Ideas?????

Bob S

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:35:06 -0800, "d2of5"
wrote:

Help! I can only print one copy when using word & outlook in office 2003. I
have changed the drivers and verified by: 1st going to start settings
printers and selecting the printer, going to properties, printing pref,
advanced,paper layout, number of copies, setting it at two, and it will print
two test pages.

But... when I goin into word, file print, you can see it says two in the
number of copies but will only print one. Any Ideas?????

There is an ancient bug that Microsoft has still not fixed which
manifests itself as an inability to print multiple copies. See article
290956. They admit that one cause is damaged Word registry settings,
but don't tell you how to fix them. There are a variety of strange
work-around procedures, such as turning off background printing,
turning off spooling, and adding an extra blank page to the end of the
document!

Bob S